The Kid Daytona @ CMJ 2013 – Photo by Jai Idowu
Do you have a way with words? CMJ is hiring an editorial assistant for the 2014 CMJ Music Marathon
. This is a writing-intensive position, which would involve the following duties leading up to, during and briefly following the event. The position will require you to work full-time in the CMJ offices in NYC, beginning ASAP through early November.
* Copywriting/editing news posts, press releases, email blasts, social media copy, etc.
* Managing content (text, photos, news posts, etc.) on festival website to keep all event information consistent and up-to-date
* Assisting in developing and managing social media content
* Writing and developing special features (print and video interviews, long-form pieces, preview pieces, etc.)
* Copywriting/editing schedule and event information included in the print Festival Guide
* Writing festival correspondence, such as outreach to speakers, confirmation letters, etc.
* Copyediting conference information (panel copy, panelist info, etc.) for both web and print
* Knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML skills required
* Highly organized and can work well under tight deadlines
* Social media management experience a plus
* Background in music, entertainment and/or media a plus
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the subject line CMJ EDITORIAL ASSISTANT.