CMJ’s daytime conference is headquartered on New York University’s Greenwich Village campus, at the Helen and Martin Kimmel Center on Washington Square Park.
The 2014 conference included a broad array of panelists, from artists to indie label executives, and brand mavens to new media specialists. These emergent entrepreneurs continue to change the game by working outside the conventional notions of what can, and can’t be done to survive and thrive in today’s music business.
Their question everything approach has lead to new rules that are becoming the foundation of a changing industry model, a foundation supporting a new structure for the marketplace — until it too is questioned, morphed or discarded, in what remains an ever shifting digital landscape.
CMJ’s daytime conference features:
- Over 80 industry-centric panels
- College Day, CMJ’s day-long seminar and awards ceremony showcasing college radio and its indispensable role in the discovery of emerging music
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Entertainment Law Seminar, where the legal side of the music industry is thoroughly explored and dissected
- Mentoring sessions with music and entertainment industry veterans
- Exclusive networking events
- Special speakers, Q&As, and more