CMJ is seeking spring 2014 editorial interns. Interns will be expected to play an active role in CMJ’s editorial team by pitching and contributing news, reviews, live coverage and sometimes features. Other duties will also include, but are not limited to, organizing editorial calendar, fact-checking and content management. This is a writing-intensive position.
You should have…
* Strong writing skills
* Basic HTML knowledge
* A desire to go to shows
* A keen interest in up-and-coming artists
* A go-getter, no-B.S. attitude
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, three writing samples and your top five current artists to email@example.com. Please place “Editorial Internship” in the subject of the email.
Note: Interns must receive academic credit to be eligible for participation in CMJ’s editorial internship program and be available 2-3 full days per week. Applicants must be able to commit to a 3-4 month internship period. This internship is unpaid and takes place on-site at CMJ’s Manhattan office.
CMJ Holdings Corp, best new music specialists via web, print magazine, weekly college and independent radio charts and the annual CMJ Music Marathon, is looking for a design intern. Interns will work closely with the Art Director developing quality, portfolio-ready work. We’re looking for candidates who have a strong background in graphic design, are proactive team players who are passionate about graphic design (and music!), are comfortable working in a social office environment and are able to juggle tasks and work independently.
* Assisting with general maintenance of our editorial website, CMJ.com, our mobile site (in development) and our end user site.
* Leading special development projects. We have lots of ideas, and we could use you to take the reigns on something that speaks to your talents.
* Laying out our weekly digital magazine (occasionally includes cover design) and email blasts.
* An eye for good typography, type hierarchy and photographic composition.
* Able to create fun, energetic but clean and clear designs.
* Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (any experience with WordPress is a plus)
* Photoshop – retouching (clone stamp, healing brush tool, etc), resizing and cropping files, color balance, exporting for the web, print pre-production, magnetic lasso, creating simple animated gifs
* InDesign – understanding of character/paragraph styles, basic layout, creating print-ready PDFs
To apply: Please email your resume, PDF portfolio and/or website link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Graphic Design Intern”.