CMJ Music Marathon seeking a Registration Director to handle all attendee registrant and ticketing data for NYC’s largest music festival.
· Oversight, management and execution of all facets of the badge registration process for CMJ attendees
· Develop and maintain a complete database of registrant information
· Act as liaison with CMJ’s ticketing partner, overseeing pricing structures and coordination of data
· Maintain customer service with event attendees
· Manage all on-site registration during the week of event, including logistics and volunteers
· Coordinate physical registration assets including badges, lanyards, gift bags, etc.
· Post-event registration data analysis and follow-up
· Impeccable organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
· Prior event and/or ticketing management experience
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Registration Director application.”
Editorial Content Manager
CMJ is seeking an editorial content manager for the 2013 CMJ Music Marathon, held in New York City October 15-19. The in-house, full-time, seasonal position would run through November 1. This is a writing-intensive position, which would involve the following duties leading up to, during and briefly following the event:
· Copywriting/editing news posts, press releases, email blasts and other promotional material
· Managing content (text, photos, news posts, etc.) on festival website to keep all event information consistent and up-to-date
· Assisting in developing and managing social media content
· Writing and developing special features (print and video interviews, long-form pieces, preview pieces, etc.)
· Copywriting/editing schedule and event information included in the print Festival Guide
· Writing festival correspondence, such as outreach to speakers, confirmation letters, etc.
· Copyediting conference information (panel copy, panelist info, etc.) for both web and print
· 3+ years of copywriting and/or editing experience
· Social media management experience
· Knowledge of WordPress, basic photo-editing skills and basic HTML skills required
· Highly organized and can work well under tight deadlines
· Social media management experience a plus
· Background in music, entertainment and/or the arts a plus
Please send your cover letter, resume and three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “CMJ Editorial Content Manager”.
CMJ is seeking summer 2013 editorial interns. Interns will be expected to play an active role in CMJ’s editorial team by pitching and contributing news, reviews, live coverage and sometimes features. Other duties will also include, but are not limited to, organizing editorial calendar, fact-checking and content management. This is a writing-intensive position.
You should have…
* Strong writing skills
* Basic HTML knowledge
* A desire to go to shows
* A keen interest in up-and-coming artists
* A go-getter, no-B.S. attitude
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, three writing samples and your top five current artists to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “Editorial Internship” in the subject of the email.
Note: Interns must receive academic credit to be eligible for participation in CMJ’s editorial internship program and be available 2-3 full days per week. Applicants must be able to commit to a 3-4 month internship period. This internship is unpaid and takes place on-site at CMJ’s Manhattan office.
CMJ Holdings Corp, best new music specialists via web, print magazine, weekly college and independent radio charts and the annual CMJ Music Marathon, is looking for a design intern. Interns will work closely with the Art Director developing quality, portfolio-ready work. We’re looking for candidates who have a strong background in graphic design, are proactive team players who are passionate about graphic design (and music!), are comfortable working in a social office environment and are able to juggle tasks and work independently.
* Assisting with general maintenance of our editorial website, CMJ.com, our mobile site (in development) and our end user site.
* Leading special development projects. We have lots of ideas, and we could use you to take the reigns on something that speaks to your talents.
* Laying out our weekly digital magazine (occasionally includes cover design) and email blasts.
* Contributing to and executing design of a multitude of web banner and print ads.
* An eye for good typography, type hierarchy and photographic composition.
* Able to create fun, energetic but clean and clear designs.
* Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (any experience with WordPress is a plus)
* Photoshop – retouching (clone stamp, healing brush tool, etc), resizing and cropping files, color balance, exporting for the web, print pre-production, magnetic lasso
* InDesign – understanding of character styles, basic layout, linking files, creating print-ready PDFs
* Fireworks – creating simple animated gifs
To apply: Please email your resume, PDF portfolio and/or website link to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Design Intern”.