CMJ seeks an Art Director for a full-time, in-house position operating from CMJ’s Manhattan office. The Art Director will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of CMJ’s visual presence across CMJ.com, CMJ’s marketing materials, CMJ Music Marathon, College Radio Network and related properties.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Design weekly trade magazine PDF
- Daily production of graphics and illustrations throughout online, mobile and email properties
- Production of marketing materials
- Design event assets, including logos and overall look/feel of campaigns
- Photo editing and curation for editorial and marketing content
- Interpret style guides to produce various collateral for all departments
- Work with executive, editorial, and events staff to maintain consistent branding and cohesive style
- A good eye for typography, type hierarchy and photographic composition congruent with the CMJ brand
- Facility in digital illustration techniques
- Able to prototype/mock up various web layouts
- Able to produce various marketing collateral
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in:
— Adobe Photoshop – retouching (clone stamp, healing brush tool, magnetic lasso, etc.), resizing and cropping files, color balance, exporting for web, print pre-production, creation of animated GIFs
— Adobe InDesign – understanding of character/paragraph styles, layout, creating print-ready files
— Adobe Illustrator
— Microsoft Powerpoint
— Google Apps
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and WordPress or similar CMS
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- A strong ability to be a creative part of a dynamic team
Please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMJ Social Media Coordinator: New York
CMJ is the largest live annual music festival (CMJ Music Marathon) and college radio network focusing on discovery of emerging artists. 2015 is our 35th year.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for driving the growth of the CMJ social presence and community development. This role ensures regular and consistent messaging across platforms, improving CMJ’s social media presence and broadening relevant audiences across channels. A strong passion for music is a must.
This is a full-time position based in New York.
- Develop and post content, growing CMJ’s social media channels on sites considered most compelling for our audiences and bands
- Respond to comments made on CMJ or other social sites
- Create awareness in the marketplace and drive people back to the CMJ social sites, website and app(s), significantly increasing overall social engagement
- Improve CMJ Music Marathon pre-event, onsite and post-event attendee engagement and satisfaction
- Schedule social media content during overnight and weekend hours
- Live-tweet concerts, festivals and shows
- Create and update weekly social media reports for internal review
- Act as a liaison between the online community and the company; turn community feedback into actionable items
- Stay ahead of emerging trends in social media
- You can express anything in 140 characters, and you could also express it in 1,400 characters. More importantly, you know when to use 140 characters and when to use 1,400 characters.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic start-up environment, and you know how to get stuff done. You’re willing to help out as needed, regardless of role or title.
- You understand the metrics and analytics behind our content, and incorporate learnings into our social media strategy. You identify what works and what doesn’t work.
Please send resume, cover letter, and social media samples to email@example.com.