Today CMJ also hosts a series we’ve named Fireside Chats. These intimate meetings offer badgeholders a chance to get an up-close and personal look at discussions between two leading industry figures.
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
NYU Kimmel Center, Room 406, 60 Washington Square South New York, NY 10012
Watch panelist Cari Cole (Cari Cole Voice & Music Co.) introduce this panel:
Moderator: Linda Lorence Critelli Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations, SESAC
- Jonathan Azu: General Manager & Executive Vice President, Red Light Management
- Cari Cole: President/Founder, Cari Cole Voice & Music Co.
- Daniel R. Friedman: Attorney At Law
- Jodi Good: Artist/Songwriter, Jodi Good
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
NYU Kimmel Center, Room 905/907, 60 Washington Square South New York, NY 10012
A smart phone can be an artist’s best friend. This panel goes deep into new mobile technologies for the modern artist.
Moderator:Michael Schneider: Artist Relations, BandPage
- Tom Constabile: Associate Director, New Business Ventures, Verizon
- Jonathan Dworkin: Global Head Of Strategy & Business Affairs, Nokia
- Julien Mitelberg: Co-Founder & COO, Cellfish; CEO, Bandsintown, Cellfish
- Matt Urmy: Co-Founder & CEO, Artist Growth
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
NYU Kimmel Center, Room 802, 60 Washington Square South New York, NY 10012
Go behind the scenes to find out what it REALLY takes to break a band in the digital world. Case-study scenarios will be examined by pros as they analyze artist-centric PR, marketing, touring and radio campaigns.
Moderator:Steven Masur: Senior Partner, MasurLaw
- Hannah Carlen: Radio Coordinator, Dead Oceans/Jagjaguwar/Secretly Canadian
- Jules Ferree: Senior Director, Digital & New Business, Island Def Jam & Universal Republic
- Alex Luke: Executive Vice President, A&R, EMI
- Rome Thomas: Head Of Sales & Artist Development, A&M/Octone
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
NYU Kimmel Ctr. Room 405, 60 Washington Square South New York, NY 10012
Recording, mixing and mastering completely inside the digital domain is becoming the rule instead of the exception. Learn tips, tricks and methods that the pros are implementing to make records. Guitar amp simulators, plugins, DAWs such as Pro Tools, SONAR, Logic; find out what’s on the cutting edge.
Moderator: Jimmy Landry Artist Relations/Producer/Songwriter/Mixer, Cakewalk/Roland
- Johnny Juice: Producer/Engineer/Turntablist/Musician, Public Enemy/SLAMjamz
- Mario J McNulty: Producer/Engineer/Mixer, JDMI Management
- Eliud Ortiz: Mix Engineer, Mixeng Productions
- Chris Shaw: President, If & When Ltd.
NYU Kimmel Center, 10th FL Rosenthal, 60 Washington Square South New York, NY 10012
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
What do you get when the founder of Pandora casually engages in an interview and conversation with one of rock’s most prominent figures? A full hour of entertainment.
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Young Guru excels behind the board as Jay-Z’s right hand man in the studio. But he also excels on the mic when speaking about hip-hop culture and his unique life experiences.
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.